"Working with Compliance Manager at DCPD,this Compliance Engineer will be responsible for ensuring products (Power Distribution Unit (PDU), Remote Power Panel (RPP), Transformers, STS and all other future developmens in existing product-line or future NPD's) are regulatory agency compliant for applicable national and international standards requirements. This responsibility includes design inputs, design construction reviews, components selection, products final tests/evaluations and direct interfacing with regulatory agencies as well as supporting factory during the products external audited by the regulatory agencies. Design duties include supporting existing products, product derivative extensions by enhancing performance levels, reducing manufacturing & product costs, and implementing quality / reliability improvements and interfacing with customers and contracted design/manufacturing services.
This position will perform engineering work from specification/design through manufacturing support.
• Communicates expectations, plans, and requirements and coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects.
• Serves as a consultant, providing technical information and engineering recommendations that assists various projects / processes.
• They are often the Technical Leader for large projects or multiple small projects. "
What you’ll do:
• Manages Agency certification activities for PDU's, RPP's, Transformers,STS and New Product Development projects. Determining agency approval project scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and test requirements.
• Initiates projects with regulatory Notified Bodies (NB), including UL, CSA, and ETL agencies to secure appropriate global approvals.
• Participates in technical design reviews to (a) determine regulatory requirements, (b) communicate those requirements to the project team, (C) participate in design decisions that affect compliance and (d) estimate workload for regulatory tasks.
• Works with Project Design Engineers to acquire appropriate samples for testing as well as all required design document. Guides Project Design Engineer Teams through all phases of the Agency certification process. Communicates agency project status and test results to the project team in a timely manner.
• Reviews, updates, and ensures accuracy and correctness of all required agency documentation. Providing customer and technical service support including interpretation of test results, answering of status or technical questions, or fulfilling of special requests.
• Develops and maintains knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory standards.
• Work with Project Design Engineers to resolve all compliance issues turned up during evaluations and testing.
• Interprets standards, and rulings and challenges regulatory agencies decision when appropriate.
• Coordinates with the manufacturing, assisting when needed in external audits of manufacturing facilities by regulatory agencies to ensure alignment and continuity of products compliance with applicable regulatory agencies requirements.
• Provide technical guidance and direction to Project Design Engineers on regulatory and compliances fundamentals with applicable regulatory standards requirements.
• Maintain and documented regulatory approvals and certifications to ensure all certifications are up to date.
• Able to design standard, semi-custom or custom power supply/conversion products utilizing all the elements required including control theory and loop compensation, magnetic design, EMI, component selection with proper derating, schematic capture and PCB layout within a given timeline.
• Contributes to strategic direction and advancement of current product technology and development of new technology and product feature sets, to drive value propositions that command a premium for the associated products.
• Mentors and coaches less experienced engineers."
Education level required: Bachelor’s/master’s degree in engineering in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics
Years and area of experience required :6-9 years.
• Strong experience with testing and certifying high power products, Similar to but not limited to, like power distribution units, Remote power panels, transformers to UL, CSA, ETL standards including
CSA 22.2-94.1 and 2, 234, 244, etc.DOE Efficiency 2016
• Experience with Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Data Acceptance Program and ETL
• Maintain a working relationship with NRTL labs (in particular UL & CSA) and a working understanding of their processes and procedures for opening projects, performing investigations, reporting, and inspections.
• Position will be required interaction with customers, regulatory agencies and all internal departments/functions/levels.
• Sound experience with design and validation practices with above and/or similar products
• 5 years minimum experience in Mechanical and Electrical product domain.
• Experience across product design & development, product manufacturing, engineering support, team leadership is preferred.
• Desired experience on project definition, coordination, and leadership: Work scope/task definition, liaise with internal and external partnering teams.
• Understanding of tools like SAP or Enovia is a plus
• Proficient use of computers including the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to consistently achieve a high standard of quality and accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask in high energy environment.
• Willing to travel up to 5%.
Soft skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Problem solving skills, Working in ambiguity, process management.